Hello fellow creative minds,
I am most excited to share this colorful recipe, not only because of the mesmerizing colors but, also because of the thought that went into it. Rainbow toast was once the craze but I am only trying it out now and I have no regrets. It was a wonderful creation that I proud of and here is why.
I was inspired by a YouTube video and decided to make my own colorful treat, however I didn’t want to use cream cheese and didn’t want to spend money on other kind of spread, therefore I took a look into my pantry and all I had was my coconut cream, which I usually use for curry soup. This idea hit me and I was excited to try it out.
It didn’t go as smoothly during my first try but, we live and learn through trial and error right?
Now that I have both failed then succeeded, I can help you avoid the first part and jump right into the fun successful healthy rainbow toast making.
- Sliced Bread (I baked mine, hence some unique flavors are already installed, refer back to our bread post)
- Coconut cream (not milk. Cream is much dense while milk has too much water)
- Fruits (Strawberry, banana, blackberry, peach, kiwi, -used as dying agents and also garnishing)
- Cocoa powder (for chocolate spread)
- Turmeric (for yellow spread)
- Coconut shred (optional)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Pour you chilled (preferable 24 hours) coconut cream into a bowl and use chilled hand mixer to whip it.
- To chill you mixing whisk, just detach and put it into the the freezer and remove when ready to use. This would make it easier for the cream to whip up into a fluffy spread
- Whip for 2-5 minutes. Stop to check it’s consistency every 2 minutes continue to whip more as need until cream is fluffy.
- Set aside
- Separate the spread into small individual bowls for staining
- Squeeze some juice out of black berry into a small bowl a pour little by little into the while coconut cream until it reaches your desired color. For more, you can add mashed black berry into the whipped cream to add depth. For mine I had just plain. Purple and also purple with traces of black berry. It has a source tangy blue berry taste
- Add cocoa powder to another whipped cream bowl and stir in. You would get a chocolate color. It has a rich choco flavor
- Add turmeric into the other bowl and stir. You would get the vibrant yellow color. It doesn’t taste any different from the original flavor
- You can leave one bowl in it’s original white color for authentic coconut flour cream spread
Now the bread is ready to be designed by you.
- Spread the colored coconut whipped cream on the bread. You can either thinly spread it do so liberally. It is up to you.
- Garnish with color fruits
- This is optional but you can also sprinkle shredded coconut or cinnamon on the finish product and enjoy
I really hope this was helpful as I really enjoy the coconut flavor and wanted to share.
You can check us out on our Instagram or tag use in your photos, we would love to see If you made your week as colorful!
Have a colorful week,
Wannabe Rainbow Unicorn Sandra
3 Comments Add yours
Looks deliciously dangerous!
Haha thank you! It was dangerously delicious!😁