I scream, you scream, we all scream for Hot choco! Well, It doesn’t have the same ring to it but let me say, hot chocolate give me the same feeling icecream gives. The feeling of anticipation as it is made then sigh after the very first taste. As I said hot chocolate is my winter addiction. After I discovered the beauty of raw unsweetened cocoa, there is no need to ever drink the store bought prepackaged hot chocolate, packed with sugar and not even as rich and satisfying as the homemade version.
This homemade hot choco is easily customized to fit you sweetness /bitterness level. It only needs wholesome ingredients.
For this ingredient, I used a microwave, but feel free to prepare this in a small pot over the stove, it sure would be much easier then the mess created in my microwave.
- A big mug
- 2 table spoon Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups Milk (could be regular, almond,cashew,coconut)
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/4 teaspon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Coconut whipped cream. ( I mentioned in a previous post how i made it, click on link)
- Heat up the milk in a microwave or in a pot over the stove.
- Add the cocoa into the milk and stir until well blended (cocoa can be bit too stubborn)
- Add your honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and stir as well
- Stir 3- 5 minutes on low heat, it is done!
- Pour the into a big mug
- For the fun part, add your whipped coconut cream on top on the hot chocolate, then sprinkle more cinnamon for decor.
- Relax and enjoy
Easy but declicous, warms my heart and soul. As the cream slowly melt, the hot choco became more dense and creamy! This hot choco is a roller coaster is delight.
I really enjoyed making this fun, messy recipe, I hope you try it,
PS. I hate chocolate ice cream ( I will try to reveal more food fun fact about myself )
Stay warm and be kind
Bittersweet Sandra (take me as I am)