Tis the season!!! I am not talking about Christmas, but the season of change! So autumn is my favorite season and I feel so giddy. As soon as you walk into a grocery store you see pumpkins everywhere and I couldn’t resist picking up a few. Look forward to more than one pumpkin post. In my opinion, butternut squash is very flavorful and goes well with many other food. I chose to stuff my butternut squash!! So this recipe is very easy to make and can take on many flavors.
- 1 butter nut squash
- Chick peas
- Black beans
- Small pieces of squash
- Sesame oil
- Spices: rosemary, salt, Maggie nutmeg, cinnamon
(you can change the measurement of each ingredient to fit your taste, perhaps you like chick peas more than quinoa, then you can customize it. If you make too much stir fry you can easily store the leftover for another day )
With these ingredient, you don’t need to worry about it being complicated, it cooks itself.
- First the three major ingredient have to be cook. Chick Peas, Black beans, quinoa. Have these cooked and ready before starting this recipe. You do not need to flavour these while cooking, simple water will do.
- Bake your Butternut squash. Cut it on half, scoop out the seeds, then pop it into the oven for 40-60 minutes
- While the squash is baking, you need to stir fry the other ingredients
- First add a table spoon of Sesame to a heated frying pan
- Then add the chopped onions and pepper to the heated oil, and stir it for about one minute. This is important for flavoring, stir frying this first, releases the flavour of the onions and peppers.
- Add the quinoa, chickpeas and black beans to the pan
- Now, time for you to go crazy with the spices. I added savory spices like rosemary, salt, Maggie spice and also sweet spices like nutmeg and cinnamon, adding these to the mixture just gives the Autumn vibes. (nutmeg especially keeps people guessing what that amazing taste could be)
- Remove the squash from the oven. it should be soft and easily malleable by now, scoop some of the squash out, this is to create more space for your stir fry
- Last step, fill the squash with your flavorful combo and it is ready to be devoured
Told you it was easy! And you can easily swap out one major ingredient in the stir fry for another to create your own combo. It was very filling and delightful to make.
I hope you try it and tell us how you found it. You can easily impress others with this recipe, they don’t have to know it was easy to make.